Hybrid INDustrial CONstruction through a 3D printing “all-in-one” machine for large-scale advanced manufacturing and building processes
HINDCON eu – Funded by the European commission
Grant agreement: 723611
Vias y Construcciones SA – Spain
Lafarge Centre de Recherche SAS – France
Siemens Program and System Engineering SRL – Romania
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Forderung der Angewandten Forschung ev Germany. IPA – Germany
Centre Cim Fundacio Privada – Spain
Chambre de Commerce et D’industrie de Bayonne Pays Basque . ESTIA – France
University of Patras. Laboratory for Manufacturing Systems & Automation – Greece
Stiftelsen SINTEF – Norway
Agencia Estatal Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas. CSIC – Spain
Atanga Sistemas y Servicios SL – Spain
XtreeE France SAS – France
2.-O LCA Consultants APS – Denmark
TThe aim of the HINDCON project is to reach this objectives:
- 3D printer concrete for large scale precast pieces with robot-driven positioning system.
- 3D printer concrete with both AM & SM functionality. Current concrete 3D printer only has AM function by addition mass.
- 3D printer concrete with different materials been used at the same time (including supporting materials), and on line control of materials properties.
- 3D printer concrete with the addition of carbon fibres composite cured by UV for reinforcement porpoise.
- Perform value chain simulation and modelling with integrated LCA with life cycle data related to additive manufacturing in the construction sector.
Horizon 2020 – European Union
Hybrid industrial construction through 3D printing
Advanced Manufacturing has been highlighted by the EU as one of the key enablers to support and promotion of business research and innovation in key enabling technologies. Therefore, a number of objectives, aligned with pursuing the large scale targets, have been set for advanced manufacturing through four pillars: technology, economic, social and environment.
Thus, HINDCON aims to adapt manufacturing technologies to the construction sector, advancing towards industrialisation and overcoming the limitations of actual approach for introducing Additive and Subtractive Manufacturing in construction activities. The project has a duration of 36 months.
The main aim of HINDCON is to develop and demonstrate a hybrid machine regarding 3D printing technologies with concrete materials focused on the industrialization of the Construction Industry, delivering to this sector an innovative technology that reduces environmental impact at the same time it reduces dramatically economic costs. The collaborative structure of the project will help to:
1) Integrate different technologies that converge in a hybrid solution. The HINDCON “all-in-one” machine will integrate Additive Manufacturing concrete extruder and Subtractive Manufacturing tool kit with the use of cementitious materials including mass materials with alternatives in concrete and additives, and reinforced with composites.
2) Cover the different aspects concerned (technology, economic, social and environment) and demonstrate the hybrid machine from different perspectives. On the one hand, it includes testing basic capabilities of the integrated prototype in laboratory. On the other hand, it involves the demonstration of the manufacturing system in a relevant environment.